Hi everyone, sorry for not posting any updates in a while. I've been really busy at work and every time I would think about putting up a new post I would end up forgetting about it just a few minutes later!
To recap what's been done, they've poured the foundation footing, walls and floor and completely framed the house. The foundation was started June 10-11 and they waited to start framing until June 26. I was really happy about this, since sometimes they wait as little as 7 days to frame the house after the foundation has been poured. There's no strict guidelines as to how long concrete should cure before it can take any sort of load, but in my opinion the longer the wait, the better. Plus we had a few days during that time where we had some pretty heavy rain. Some rain is actually a good thing as the water will help it cure properly, although there's currently about an inch or so of water in our basement. It sounds bad, but it's something that we don't have control over, and they can pump out the water and de-humidify the basement to dry it out. They should actually be pumping the water out today, our PM was just trying to get a power source to run the pump. We are very excited as it is now starting to look like an actual house! I should have some pics up either tonight or tomorrow.
So far we've only encountered a couple small issues. We noticed that there was an extra "closet" that was framed up in the kitchen that we did not have in the plans. After discussing this with the PM, we found that this was where a pantry closet for the kitchen used to be under the old Savoy model. Under the new plans, we now have a whole pantry room behind the garage, so this pantry is no longer needed. We already have plans for this space so I asked that we take the pantry out. PM said it was not a problem and the framers were able to take care of it ASAP. The other issue is that when the basement floor was poured, they put the spacing for the jackstand for one of the support beams in the wrong spot. Currently the beam is being held up by a couple 2x6s (I think) but they should be in to fix that this week. There is also a couple chips off of the foundation near the basement windows. They are very small and they should be able to patch them up.
Now that the house is framed we will be getting plumbing, electrical and HVAC all started up. According to our PM, we should be having our pre-drywall meeting mid-to-late next week. Woo hoo!