Friday, July 17, 2015

Pre-Drywall Meeting Today!

I was able to schedule our pre-drywall meeting before we leave for vacation tomorrow.  I wasn't sure if it would be possible but I contacted our PM for our status and he said we were good to go!  If it wasn't possible then we'd have to wait another week and a half which would not have made my wife happy :-).  All of the insulation won't be in but I'm OK with that.  Supposedly the reason for the delay was because the town inspector was out unexpectedly.  I haven't talked to the PM since scheduling but I assume we are good to go since my wife saw the insulators working on the house yesterday afternoon.  We should get a better idea of our closing date and start thinking about locking in the rate for our mortgage.  BTW, I've been having tons of fun dealing with NVR </sarcasm> and I may put up a post about it after we get back.

I did decide to hire an inspector to come with us and look at the house.  Our PM seems to be fine with this and I believe that it can't hurt to have another set of (experienced) eyes to look at everything.  I would definitely recommend hiring someone for both the pre-drywall and pre-closing stages, especially if you're not a handy person (I definitely am not!).

I may post a picture or two before we leave tomorrow, we still have to pack both our stuff and our kids stuff.  Yes, I am a bit of a procrastinator!

No comments:

Post a Comment